Dr. Marc Huntoon has received The American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine ‘s 2020 Distinguished Service Award.
ASRA thanked him for his commitment and service to your many colleagues, fellows and patients and to advancing the specialty of regional anesthesia and pain management.
Join us in congratulating Dr. Huntoon on some of his myriad contributions:
- Editor-in Chief of RAPM 2012 – 2019
- Doubling the growth of submissions to RAPM since assuming leadership
- Creating the highly popular ‘Daring Discourse’ section
- First reported use of Ultrasound-guided PNS in 2008
- Nearly 200 citations (“MA Huntoon”) under Google Scholar search
- Author on ten book chapters
- Past-President – Association of Pain Medicine Program Directors
- ASRA Board of Directors 2005 – 2013
- NANS Board Member 2011 – 2017
- Former Naval Officer
ASRA annually recognizes someone who has made important contributions to our specialty through the Distinguished Service Award. Past recipients of the award have made extraordinary contributions to the science, teaching, or practice of regional anesthesia and/or pain medicine and often have had active involvement in ASRA.